FPGA Daily News #034
Stay informed with FPGA Daily News for 10-Mar-2022
- MicroZed Chronicles: Spartan 6 Q & A
A couple of week ago, I held several webinars on how to convert Spartan-6 designs into 7 series devices. There were several interesting questions raised during the webinars which I thought would be best answered here in more detail. The first question was about the FIR compiler in the ISE design suite and asked if the Filter design coefficients would be able to be used without modification in Vivado. The COE format used by the ISE design suite and Vivado is identical. For a successful COE file,
- QuickLogic Announces First Rad-Hard eFPGA IP for SkyWater RH90 Process
QuickLogic Corporation a developer of ultra-low power multi-core voice-enabled SoCs, embedded FPGA IP, and Endpoint AI solutions,
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Market Size, Share 2022-2027
The global field programmable gate array (FPGA) market reached a value of US$ 10.28 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 18.3 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 9.30% during 2022-2027.
- Enabling the Next Generation of 5G Platforms (WP029) | Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
Radio access networks (RANs) and associated core network hierarchy, which link end-user equipment to both the central telecom network and the cloud, are essential in building ubiquitous cellular connectivity to expand the number and breadth of use cases that can be supported by the technology. This paper outlines the current status of 5G standards and rollout, summarizes the new use cases 5G RANs need to support and examines the standards evolution to support higher bandwidth and additional use cases.
- FPGA technology learning with LEC2 WebTechs | Arrow.com
Find technology events near you at Arrow.com. Learn more about FPGA technology learning with LEC2 WebTechs and register now.
To increase cyber resiliency against ransomware, firmware and more security vulnerabilities, businesses should look to solutions like post-quantum (PQ) cryptography to ensure systems are both cyber-secure and resilient to future threats. In this blog, Lattice explores why FPGAs are a natural fit to implement cyber resilient systems with PQ crypto algorithms enabled in them.
- Raytheon Intelligence and Space - Cleared FPGA - Hiring Event
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge.
- Efinix® Hires Greg Barrett as CFO Completing Executive Team to Fuel Next Phase of Company Growth | Business Wire
Efinix®, an innovator in programmable product platforms and technology, today announced that Greg Barrett has joined the Efinix executive team as Chie
- Intel Network Builders - March Highlights | LinkedIn
Open source ML inference accelerators
- Enhancing open source security with Napatech SmartNICs
Case Study: Integrating PCAP applications with Napatech’s FPGA-driven SmartNICs allows businesses to ensure proper security measures under all network conditions.
- EETimes - AMD-Xilinx Debuts First Versal PCIe Accelerator Card
The card is part of the Versal ACAP AI Core Series, which is designed to boost the performance of key applications run in servers and data centers.
- Lime Microsystems Unveils the LimeSDR Mini 2.0, with Larger and More Capable FPGA - Lime Microsystems
Boasting a field-programmable gate array with nearly three times the capacity of the original LimeSDR Mini, the upcoming LimeSDR Mini 2.0 will enable increased flexibility and experimentation with new and exciting on-device capabilities.
- Solving Hard Optimization Problems with Energy Efficient Neuromorphic Technology | LinkedIn
- Enyx adds pattern matching to its nxAccess solution for significant latency reductions – Enyx – The experts in FPGA trading systems
This pivotal feature adds pattern matching capabilities to the Enyx end-to-end trading engine, nxAccess, with significant reductions in latency.
- Sensors | Free Full-Text | Design of a Low-Power Embedded System Based on a SoC-FPGA and the Honeybee Search Algorithm for Real-Time Video Tracking
Video tracking involves detecting previously designated objects of interest within a sequence of image frames. It can be applied in robotics, unmanned vehicles, and automation, among other fields of interest. Video tracking is still regarded as an open problem due to a number of obstacles that still need to be overcome, including the need for high precision and real-time results, as well as portability and low-power demands. This work presents the design, implementation and assessment of a low-power embedded system based on an SoC-FPGA platform and the honeybee search algorithm (HSA) for real-time video tracking. HSA is a meta-heuristic that combines evolutionary computing and swarm intelligence techniques. Our findings demonstrated that the combination of SoC-FPGA and HSA reduced the consumption of computational resources, allowing real-time multiprocessing without a reduction in precision, and with the advantage of lower power consumption, which enabled portability. A starker difference was observed when measuring the power consumption. The proposed SoC-FPGA system consumed about 5 Watts, whereas the CPU-GPU system required more than 200 Watts. A general recommendation obtained from this research is to use SoC-FPGA over CPU-GPU to work with meta-heuristics in computer vision applications when an embedded solution is required.
- Introducing Intel Agilex M-Series FPGAs
Offering the highest memory bandwidth in the FPGA industry, with greater performance while consuming less power.
- Algorithm and VLSI Architecture Design for MPEG-Like High Definition Video Coding‐AVS Video Coding from Standard Specification to VLSI Implementation | IntechOpen
Open access peer-reviewed chapter
- Intro to oneAPI and to Intel® DevCloud
OneAPI is a solution to deliver unified programming model to simplify development across diverse architectures. It includes a unified and simplified language and libraries for expressing parallelism and delivers uncompromising native high-level language performance across a range of hardware including CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs. If you are a developer with basic knowledge of C or C++, FPGA & GPU programming this workshop is for you!
- The Many Flavors of Equivalence Checking: Part 6, FPGA-focused Equivalency Checking Flows | Verification Horizons
Even if your RTL is functionally perfect, synthesis and P&R over-constraining and optimizations can inadvertently slip-in errors that are very hard to detect in the lab.
- Protecting Field Programmable Gate Arrays From Attacks
FPGAs can be part of physical systems in the aerospace, medical, or industrial fields, so a security compromise can be potentially serious.
- AMD/Xilinx Takes Aim at Nvidia with Improved VCK5000 Inferencing Card
AMD/Xilinx has released an improved version of its VCK5000 AI inferencing card along with a series of competitive benchmarks aimed directly at Nvidia’s
- Learn Tensil with ResNet | Tensil
In this tutorial you'll learn the concepts behind Tensil through a worked example
- VeEX® Announces New 400G Digital Coherent CFP2 and QSFP-DD Test Solution - TelecomTest Solutions
Fremont, Calif., March 8, 2022 – VeEX Inc. a global leader in innovative test and measurement solutions for next-generation networks, announced today the MPM-400DCO™, a 400G Digital Coherent CFP2 and QSFP-DD test module for the MPA® Series. Based on an … Continued
- LDA Technologies | LDA Orion Series
- WNC Demos End-to-End 5G O-RAN Solution at MWC Barcelona 2022
As 5G networks proliferate, open and flexible network architectures including Open Radio Area Networks (O-RANs) are clearly becoming the way forward, as evidenced by the fact that O-RAN network architectures have taken center stage at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona 2022. According to an artic...
- QuickLogic Partners SkyWater, Delivers First Rad-Hard eFPGA IP for SkyWater RH90 Process - Electronicsclap
QuickLogic Corporation’s (NASDAQ: QUIK) eFPGA technology becomes the first rad-hard embedded FPGA IP to be enabled for SkyWater’s RH90 process. The two…
- FPGA Market Trend, Technology Innovations and Growth Prediction 2021-2026 - MarketWatch
Mar 03, 2022 (Market Insight Reports) -- An analysis of global field programmable gate array (FPGA) market has been provided in the latest report introduced...
- Tensil tutorial for Ultra96 V2 - K155LA3
Introduction This tutorial will use the Avnet Ultra96 V2 development board and Tensil’s open-source inference accelerator to show how to run machine learning (ML) models on FPGA. We will be using ResNet-20 trained on the CIFAR dataset. These steps should work for any supported ML model – currently all the common state-of-the-art convolutional neural networks are supported. Try it with your model! We’ll give detailed end-to-end coverage that is easy to follow.
- CAST and Achronix Expand Partnership to Deliver Secure FPGA Solutions
Semiconductor intellectual property provider CAST and fabless semiconductor firm Achronix Semiconductor Corporation have worked together to integrate CAST’s encryption technology into the Achronix Speedster7t FPGA devices.
- What is FPGA Zynq UltraScale+ with MPSoC? | Acromag
Tech Paper: What is FPGA Zynq UltraScale+ with MPSoC? A brief overview of Acromag's Zinq UltraScale+ products, features, carrier boards and more.